There are so many resources focused on “finding your purpose when you retire” that it’s tempting to just assume you have all you need. But there’s still a lot of confusion about what “purpose” is and how to actually find your authentic one. Below are some resources that might be useful:
- “More About Purpose”
- Something to Live for (2008 book by Richard J. Leider and David A. Shapiro)
- “Tip #8 Find Your Purpose” pp. 161 – 168 in Live Long, Die Short: a Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging (2014 book by Roger Landry, MD, MPH)
- “Week Four: Reigniting a Sense of Purpose” pp. 65 – 82 in It’s Never Too Late to Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning at Midlife and Beyond ( 2016 book by Julia Cameron)
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (2005 book by Eckhart Tolle)
- With Purpose: Going from Success to Significance in Work and Life (2009 book by Ken Dychtwald and Daniel J. Kadlec)
- Adam Leipzig (YouTube) How to Know Your Life’s Purpose in 5 Minutes.